As a breastfeeding mother with over 23 years breastfeeding experience (and 12 as a LBCLC), Kim knows the struggles and frustrations that can take a toll on a new mom. When confronted with breastfeeding problems it's important to get help sooner than later! There may be times, when you've tried everything-- when in doubt, call an IBCLC.
Kim provides consultations in-home, in office and via phone.
$350 in- home
$200 in office
$30 every fifteen minutes phone consult
" Kim saved us. We struggled so much with breastfeeding due to a breast reduction and she always answered my texts and phone calls. She even met with me after she worked all day at the sanctuary. And brought us donor milk from another mama. She gave us so much love and resources to help our journey. We breastfed for 16 months and there's no doubt it was thanks to her. She also led the moms group I was in and that was such a blessing." ~ Bekah B.
This class is designed for singles or couples who are planning to breastfeed their baby. Studies show that people who receive breastfeeding education before having their baby are more successful at meeting their breastfeeding goals. This class covers the basics of breastfeeding for the first six weeks of your babies life to get you off to a great start! My class also covers a look at breastfeeding beyond 6 weeks, what to expect and how partners can help.
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- How to breastfeed
- Learning to get a proper latch
- Positioning your Baby at the Breast
- How to know your baby is getting enough breastmilk
- Understanding and solving common breastfeeding challenges
- How partners can support breastfeeding
- Going back to work or school while breastfeeding
- Pumping and using bottles
- Busting common breastfeeding myths
- Impact of breast surgery on future lactation
- and so much more.
Participants will leave my class feeling knowledgeable and much more confidant about their ability to breastfeed their baby! Learn important tips, techniques and strategies BEFORE the arrival of your little one!
This class is for you and your partner!
Class is from 6:30 to 9:30pm. Address given at registration. West Side location.
Join me for my unique focused Childbirth class for expecting families. My childbirth class is an comprehensive overview of "what to expect when giving birth" I have been teaching birthing families for over 17 years. I have designed this class especially for the unique needs of those wanting an unmedicated birth. Topics include:
- Finding your tribe-how to create community
- Pregnancy discomforts, what they mean and how to manage them
- Anatomy and Physiology of pregnancy
- Optimal Fetal positioning to improve labor progress
- Palpation for partners
- Stages of Labor
- How partners can support their laboring partner
- Pain Coping techniques
- Complications/hospital transport and cesarean birth (what to expect if that becomes necessary) (for home birth families)
- How to have a healthy postpartum period
In addition we will use wonderful tools to help you get the most out of this class, such as Birth Art, Mindfullness Techniques, and specially designed homework to help strengthen your partnership as you prepare for the life changing event of having a baby! (or two!)
This class is ideal for first-time birthing families though it is also suitable for VBAC clients seeking OHB.
3 consecutive Saturdays from 10 AM to 4 PM (except for holidays)
Class held at our office/teaching space
Kindred Space-Birth, Lactation, Education
6820 La Tijera Blvd, ste #202
Los Angeles, CA 90045
plenty of free parking in back of bldg